All Duplex Plate Phantoms are made to order per customer requirements and per E2737 specifications. All parts are supplied individually, and phantom is assembled on site by the end user. Plates and IQIs may be temporarily or permanently fixed in place by the end user.
Standardized Materials for Type 1 and Type 2 Duplex Plate Phantoms with IQIs
The phantoms can be manufactured from any material; however, Aluminum is recommended for light metal applications and Stainless Steel is recommended for heavy metal applications.
When requesting a quote, please specify the following information:
- Minimum thickness of part
- Maximum thickness of part
*It is easier and less expensive to source common alloys. Materials should be the same or have a similar density to the materials being tested.
The following is required per E2737:
- Duplex IQI (D13, D15 or D17 based on resolution) - 2 required
- ASTM Plaque Type IQIs (ASTM-E-1025 or ASTM-E-1742 / sizes correspond to plate thicknesses)
- Bottom Plate (Thickness equals minimum wall thickness of parts being inspected)
- Top Plate (Thickness equals sum of maximum thickness of part minus bottom plate thickness)
Image Quality Evaluation Toolbox with Duplex Plate Phantom
Image Credit: VisiConsult X-Ray Systems & Solutions