- Provides quantitative measurement of the magnetic flux inside steel.
- Measures peak magnetic flux density
- Measures AC peak flux density
- Uses unique Magnetic Flux Probe
- Auto zero before every reading
- Rugged stainless steel probe
- Continuous bar graph display of progress
- Auto power off
- Supplied with a protective carrying case and full user instructions
- Used by NDT and welding shops worldwide.
- Meets ISO 9000 quality assurance requirements.
- Fully calibrated with mild steel and delivered with certification.
The measurement is a two step process; firstly, with the probe away from the MUT the instrument is zeroed, then during the measurement phase the probe is brought in to the MUT and integration of the signal is completed over 10 seconds. Magnetic inspection often calls for the use of a specified level of magnetic flux within steel components. If the magnetic flux level is too low, then defects may be overlooked; if too high then spurious indications may occur. The MF300B+ measures the magnetic flux density just below the surface. The MF300B+ is tested using a steel ring calibrated by The National Physics Laboratory (NPL). Using the ring, the instrument is defined to be set up with fields in carbon steel. Providing the magnetic characteristic is similar to carbon steel the MF300B+ can be used with confidence.