Verimation Verimet (K.J. Law) M4900C Eddy Current Conductivity Meter
The Verimation (K.J. Law) M4900C is known for its accuracy, simplicity, ruggedness and reliability.
| || |
- No complicated bells and whistles
- M4900C simply measures eddy current conductivity
- Well suited for shop and field use.
- The most rugged and reliable instrument, probe and cable
- Easily used by shop and warehouse personnel
| || |
- Provides rapid conductivity testing for alloy content, heat treatment, material mixes, hardness and tensile strength.
- Unique, patented design offers quick, accurate, non-destructive testing for aluminum, copper, bronze and other non-ferrous metals.
- For metal ingots, forgings, castings, sheet stock and processed parts, including lithium / alluminum alloys.
- Single COMP knob adjustment for temperature compensation
- Digital readout in percentage I.A.C.S or MegaSiemens
- Linear response exceeds military and aircraft industry standards.
| || |
- Excellent lift-off range for rapid, non-contrast testing
- Adjustable temperature compensation circuitry with single knob adjustment for temperature variations
- Linear response over the full instrument range
- Linear response vs. curve of other instruments
- Portable, using 12 hour rechargeable batteries with AC Adapter / Charger provided
- Reliable performance with no need for periodic balance, null adjustment or sensitivity setting changes for difficult test conditions.
The major application for the M4900C is measuring the conductivity of aluminum alloys. It automatically tracks the temperature coefficient. The M4900C works well on rough or finished surfaces including forging, castings, sheet stock, and small parts with reasonable mass. Production line conductivity instruments and systems are available for rapid automatic sorting or process control requirements.
M4900C through Coating Measuring Capability
|Actual Thickness ||IACS Result |
|0 ||60.1 |
|0.004" ||60.1 |
|0.008" ||60.1 |
|0.012" ||60.1 |
|0.016" ||60.1 |
|0.020" ||60.0 |
|0.024" ||59.8 |
|0.028" ||59.7 |
|0.032" ||59.5 |
|0.036" ||59.00 |
| || |
- Sorting mixed non-ferrous metals and alloys
- Evaluating material alloy, hardness and uniformity of heat treat
- Measuring absolute conductivity
- Detecting heat damage to aircraft surfaces and structures
- Checking Aluminum alloy for aging
- Testing for proper aluminum
| || |
- Size: 6.75" x 3.75" X 2.75" (17.2 X 9.5 x 7.0 cm)
- Weight: 2.5 lbs. (1.13 kg)
- Penetration depth: 0.050" (1.27 mm)
- Range (I.A.C.S.): 12% to 110%
- Lift-off: 0.025 inch (0.6 mm) max.
- +- 0.3% (17% to 62% IACS Aluminum)
- +/-0.5% (Full Range 10% to 110%)
- Resolution: 0.1%
- Power Supply: Rechargeable Nickel Cadmium Batteries w/AC adapter/Battery Charger
115/60 Hz or 220/50 Hz.
- Probes: 4900M216C probe, 7/16" (11.1mm) with 42" (107cm) cable
- Readout: 4 Digit LED Numeric Display
| || |
- Probe and 42" Cable Assembly
- Carrying Case
- Charger 110 or 220 VAC (specify)
Short term rental and rental/purchase agreements are available.
*Listed prices only valid for customers in North America