DAKOTA PX-7 & PX-7DL
Precision Ultrasonic Thickness Gauges
The PX-7 is a basic precision ultrasonic thickness gauge, designed to measure thin material with smooth and parallel surfaces.
Typical applications are measuring aluminum, titanium and stainless steel sheets, extrusions and machined parts, where accuracy is required in the order of +/- 0.0001".
Other applications include glass and plastic containers and other Q.C. applications, requiring high accuracy and precision and the ability to measure thin materials.
The variety of features offered in the PX-7 and PX-7DL, allow the user to select a quality tool that will meet or exceed their specific application needs. In the Echo-to-Echo Mode, you have the ability to measure the thickness of materials without removing the paint or the coating. Our 5 year limited warranty indicates how we feel about the reliability and durability of the PX SERIES.
The PX-7 is our basic precision gauge model. The PX series are packaged in an aluminum extruded body, with nickel plated aluminum end caps. The PX series gauges are typically used for thin material applications. This gauge has the ability to calibrate a variety of different materials using a one point calibration option. Some of the features include: Scan feature (allowing the user to scan an area for the minimum thickness), alarm mode (audible & visual), differential mode (+/- from nominal thickness value) and RS232 output".
The PX-7DL has all the features of the PX-7 plus a datalogger that stores a total of 1,000 readings in 10 files of 100 readings each. It comes complete with file transfer software.
- Weight: 10 ounces (with batteries).
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.5 H x 1.24 D inches (63.5 W x 114.3 H x 31.5 D mm).
- Operating Temperature: -20° to 120°F (-30° to 50°C).
- Case: Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps. Sealed connectors and end caps.
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- 9 tactile-feedback keys
- Single element with delay tip. 10 to 22 MHz frequency range.
- Locking quick disconnect LEMO connector
- 4 foot cable
- Custom transducers available for special applications.
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 150 hours with alkaline and 100 hours with NiCad.
- Display flashes when battery is low. Unit turns off automatically when battery is too low to operate reliably.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Backlight is selectable: on / off / auto and illuminates only when taking a measurement.
Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond, millimeters and meters/second.
- Bar graph indicates stability of reading.
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards.
Internal Data Logger (PX-7DL only):
- Automatic Data Logging System: 1000 reading capacity, (10 files of 100 readings each file). OBST indicates no reading.
- Complete with data acquisition software and cable.
- Data Output: RS-232 output sends data to a serial printer, a computer or other external storage devices.
- Range: Measures from 0.0060 to 1.0000 inch (0.15 to 25.40 millimeters).
- Switch to select English or Metric units.
- Resolution: 0.0001 inch (0.001 millimeter)
- Velocity Range: 0.0492 to .3937 in./µs. (1250 to 10,000 meters/second).
- Interface to Echo, Echo-to-Echo (through paint) and Auto-Switchable.
- Four readings per second for single point measurements or 8 per second in Scan Mode-captures the minimum thickness.
- Single point calibration.
- Differential Mode: Enter acceptable thickness value, unit will display +/- the difference from the value entered.
- Alarm Mode: Enter a minimum & maximum acceptable thickness value. If measurement falls outside High/Low limits, red LED will illuminate and sounds beep-er. If measurement is between High and Low limits, green LED will illuminate.
- Data Output: RS-232 output sends data to a serial printer, a computer or other external stoage devices.
All Kits include Unit, Standard 1/4" Delay Line Transducer (2 Delay Tips - 3/8" & 1/2" L) & Cable, Couplant, Manual, Certificate of Calibration, AA Batteries and Plastic Carrying Case