Ernst AT-1500 Twin Rockwell Hardness Tester
The AT-1500 Twin Hardness tester is a Rockwell combination tester for overall metal testing. It is useful for hardness testing on all type of metals, thick or thin, since it is really a twin - incorporating separate regular and superficial Rockwell load systems, unlike many other twin testers that use a one load system for the entire range.This allows better resolution at the superficial Rockwell side of the load range, which is often otherwise much less accurate. This tester is also frequently used for inline and automatic testing, since it has a 45 mm indentor stroke, allowing automatic testing in recessed areas and on test samples, that would otherwise require more sophisticated forms of automation and opportunities for measurement error.
- Automatically changes into either range: regular to superficial scales
- Easily setup in automated applications due to the insensitivity to deflection, the long stroke of the indenter and the clamping shield that protects the indenter.
- The clamping shield makes it possible to measure big and irregular pieces in a second without a jack rest
- The entire test procedure is completely automatic and unaffected by operator influence
- Operates according to ASTM E18
| || |
|The AT- TWIN Rockwell hardness tester has a 45 mm |
stroke for testing in recessed areas.
|The AT-TWIN hardness tester is often used in custom |
production lines due to the unique stroke and insensitivity
to deflection that often occurs in these applications.