Encircling probes are used to inspect tubes, bars and wires with their main application being the detection of surface breaking cracks and metal sorting.
Encircling Probes are available in different models:
- Reflection Encircling Probes - for use with in- line or off-line high-speed inspection of tubes, wires, bars, etc.
- Absolute – Reflection Probes ideal for metal sorting, wall thinning and heat treatment applications.
- Differential – Reflection Probes ideal for defect detection applications, such as cracks and pitting.
- Round Encircling Probes - Used to inspect round bars, round tubes, wires, metal sorting applications and heat treatment applications
- Square Encircling Probes - Used to inspect square bars, square tubes, box sections, metal sorting applications and heat treatment applications.