Echo Ultrasonics Glycerin Ultrasonic Couplant
Glycerin can be used as a general purpose couplant. The viscosity and acoustic impedance are desirable for rough surfaces and highly attenuating materials. Glycerin has an acoustic impedance of 2.42 x 105 gm-cm2 / sec.
Glycerin is also suitable for use in high frequency delay line inspections, high frequency delay line thickness gauging and contact transducer testing on reference standards.
| || |
| ||Product Specifications |
| || |
- Batch certified by 3rd party laboratory for Halogens (CI, BR, I, F) and Sulfar (S).
- Packaged from USP Glycerin, 99+%
- High acoustic impedance
- Medium viscosity fluid
- Will not harden on equipment
- Pumpable liquid
- Boiling Point: 550°F / 290°C
- Compatible with plastics
- Non-toxic, non-irritating
- Contains no heavy metals, harsh surfactants, glycol ethers, nitrites, silicones, dyes or fragrances.
| || |
Glycerin can be corrosive to carbon steel and aluminum. No corrosion effect in most plastics, fiberglass or composites.
Total Halogens: < 50 ppm
Sulfar: < 50 ppm
Temperature Range: 65° to 500°F / 18°C to 260°C
Carton of twelve 4 oz (118 ml) bottles
1-gallon / 3.8 liter
5 gallon / 18.9 liter
Removal: Can be completely removed with mild detergent and a water wash, or water wash alone.
Note: Minimum order for Echo Couplant is $75. For orders that do not meet our minimum, there will be a $25 small order processing fee.