Dakota MMX-7 v2.0
Dakota has recently released their new MMX-7 v2.0 Multi-Mode Thickness Gauge that replaces the original MMX-7 model. The enclosure is the same, but the electronics are a brand-new design.
The primary improvements are:
| || |
- USB-C connectivity w/file system
- Serial over USB (using CDC class)
- 4 GB internal SD memory
- 50dB gain range
- Screen update rate (25Hz)
- PRF (pulse repetition frequency 250Hz)
- High speed scan 200Hz
- TDG (time dependent gain) - built into selectable probe types
- Line power available using USB-C to PC or standard power adaptor
- Quick screen capture to (.tif) file
- Internal time and date stamp
|The MMX-7 v2.0 has all the features of the ZX gauges with some additional features and advantages. Selectable Large Digits and B-Scan display options, internal 4GB SD memory, alpha numeric data storage format, 64 user custom definable setups, transducer list for improved linearity, echo-echo thru paint with the single press of a button, multiple calibration and selectable material type options and more. This is all nicely packaged in a very portable aluminum extrusion for extra durability and portability. Our free java based DakView PC or MAC OSX software and USB-C connectivity makes this gauge a complete kit! |
| || |
- Powered by a 100MHz DSP platform using FPGA technology.
- 1/8" VGA grayscale display (240 x 160 pixels).
Screen refresh rate of 25 Hz.
- Manual or AGC gain, depending on measure mode selected (50 dB gain range).
- Linear time dependent gain (TDG). Built into each transducer type.
- Display Views: Large Digits, or B-Scan (cross section).
- Measure modes: (P-E) pulse-echo (flaws & pits) and (E-E) echo-echo (thru paint).
- Dual element style transducers.
- Memory: 4 gigabytes internal SD card.
- Windows PC & OSX interface software.
- USB-C connectivity.
13.5 ounces (with batteries)
2.5" x 6.5" x 1.24" (W x H x D)
(63.5 x 165 x 31.5 mm) (W x H x D).
Membrane switch with twelve tactile keys.
Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
1/8" VGA grayscale display (240 x 160 pixels); viewable area 2.4" x 1.8" (62 x 5.7mm); EL backlit (on/off/auto invert).
Pulse-Echo (flaws, pits)
150 volt square wave pulser.
Manual or AGC gain control with 50dB range, depending on mode selected.
Precision TCXO timing with single shot 100 MHz 8 bit ultra-low power digitizer.
Large Digits: Standard thickness view; Digit Height 0.700" (17.8 mm).
B-Scan: Time based cross section view.
Display speed variable (10 to 200 readings per second)
Scan Bar: Speed 10 Hz. Viewable in B-Scan and Large Digit views.
Bar Graph: Indicates stability of measurement.
Viewable in B-Scan and Large Digit views.
Line Power: USB-C to PC or power outlet.
Three AA cells. Alkaline - 35 hrs., Nicad - 10 hrs. and NI-MH - 35 hrs.
Auto power off if idle for 5 minutes.
Battery status icon.
Pulse-Echo Mode (P-E) - (Pit & Flaw Detection) measures from 0.025" to 100 ft. (0.63 mm to 30.48 M).
Echo-Echo Mode (E-E) - (Thru Paint & Coatings) measures from 0.100" to 6.0" (2.54 to 152.4 mm). Range will vary +/- depending on the coating.
Resolution: +/- 0.001" (0.01 mm).
0.0122 to 0.7300 in/µS
309.88 to 18542 m/sec
Single and Two point calibration options, or selection of basic material types.
Units: English & Metric
Dual Element (1 to 10 MHz)
Locking quick disconnect LEMO "00" connectors.
Standard 4 foot cable.
Custom transducers and cable lengths available for special applications.
Grid (alpha numeric)
Bitmap graph capture for quick documentation (.tif).
OBSTRUCT to indicate inaccessible locations.
4 GB internal SD card
USB-C 1.1 to PC & OSX connectivity.
64 custom user-definable setups; Factory setups can be edited.
Selectable transducer types with built-in dual path error correction for improved linearity.
Set Hi and Lo tolerances with audible beeper and visual LEDs.
Takes 250 readings per second and displays the minimum reading found when the transducer is removed.
| || |
- Factory calibration traceable to NIST & MILSTD-45662A.
MADE IN U.S.A
All Kits Include: Unit, Standard Transducer, Couplant, Manual, Plastic Carrying Case and AA Batteries