DAKOTA MMX-6 & MMX-6DL Thru-Coating Thickness Gauges
This item has been discontinued, click on the link for the alternative - ZX-6 & ZX-6DL
The MMX-6 has all the features of the MX-5 plus:
- Multi-Mode thickness gauge
- Echo-Echo mode measures through painted or coated surfaces and measures only the base material thickness.
- Zero-First Echo mode effectively finds pitting and measures on severely corroded material
The MMX-6 is a simple to use hand-held Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge, with the ability to measure through paint and coatings and eliminate the thickness of the paint or coating. The MMX-6 uses a dual element style transducer. With the single press of a button, the MMX-6 can be switched between pit or flaw mode (pulse-echo) and through paint/coatings mode (echo-echo), for maximum inspection efficiency. The MMX-6 is equipped with a bundle of features to make your job eaiser. Alarm mode, high speed scanning and data send are the main features of the MMX-6. The MMX-6 comes as a complete kit, ready to use and is backed by Dakota Ultrasonics' 5 year limited warranty.
The MMX-6DL has all the features of the MMX-6 plus:
- An Internal data logger that stores a total of 1000 readings in 10 files of 100 readings each file. This gives the user the ability to store and download the stored measurements directly to a PC.
- DakView software program and transfer cable are included in the MMX-6DL kit.
- MMX-6 comes complete with probe, carrying case, couplant and operation manual. The MMX-6DL also includes software and transfer cable.
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.75 H x 1.25 D inches (63.5 W 120.7 H x 31.8 D mm)
- Operating Temperature: -20° to 120° F (-30° to 50° C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body / nickel plated aluminum end caps. Resistant to impact and environmentally sealed.
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- Nine tactile-feedback keys
- Dual element (transmit and receive)
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Special high damped transducers available, for use with through paint or coating measurements.
- Locking quick disconnect LEMO connectors.
- 4 foot cable
- Optional cable lengths up to 100 feet
- Custom transducers available for special applications.
DATA LOGGER (MMX-6DL only)
- Automatic Numeric Data Logging System: 1 to 1,000 readings.
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells
- Typically operates for 200 hours on alkaline and 130 hours on NiCad.
- Display flashes when battery is low. Unit turns off automatically when battery is too low to operate reliably.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Backlight is selectable: on / off / auto and illuminates only when taking a measurement.
- Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond. millimeters and meters/second.
- Bar graph indicates stability of reading.
MMX-6 Standard and MMX-6DL with 5 MHz and 1/4" Probe (3/8" OD)
|Method ||Min ||Max ||Coating (max) |
|PE ||0.040" ||6" || |
|EE ||0.100" ||1" ||0.040" |
MMX-6 Extended Range and MMX-6DL Extended Range with 3.5 MHz and 1/2" (5/8" OD)
|Method ||Min ||Max ||Coating (max) |
|PE ||0.100" ||4" || |
|EE ||0.125" ||4" ||0.075" |
- Pulse Echo Mode (Pit & Flaw Detection): Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters).
- Echo Echo Mode (Thru Paint & Coatings): Measures from 0.100 to 1.0 inches (2.54 to 25.4 millimeters).
- Switch to select English or metric units.
- Resolution: 0.001 inches (0.01 millimeters)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3937 in/microsec (1250 to 10,000 meters/sec).
- Built in: Stainless steel reference disk for probe zeroing.
- Four readings per second for single point measure ments or 16 per second in scan mode — captures the minimum thickness.
- Single and Two point calibration option included.
- Multi-Mode: Toggle between Pit/Flaw detection (Pulse Echo Mode) and through Paint/Coatings (Echo-Echo Mode), with the single press of a button.
- Alarm Mode: Enter a minimum acceptable thickness value. If measurement falls below minimum, red led will illuminate and sound beeper. If measurement is above minimum value, green led will illuminate.
- Data Ouput: RS232 output sends thickness readings to a computer or other external storage device.
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards.
All Kits include: Unit, Standard Transducer (5MHz x 1/4"), Couplant, Manual, Plastic Carrying Case, AA Batteries and Calibration Certificate.