|Scheduled Classes||In-Plant Courses||PC Based – Self Directed Courses|
|Instruction Books||Instruction Books||Flawed Test Specimen Kit|
|Ultrasonic Thickness||I||1||Call for more Info|
|Ultrasonic Thickness||I & II||2||Call for more Info|
|Ultrasonic Flaw Detection||I||5||Call for more Info|
|Ultrasonic Flaw Detection||I & II||5||Call for more Info|
|Dye Penetrant||I||1||Call for more Info|
|Dye Penetrant||I & II||2||Call for more Info|
|Magnetic Particle||I||1||Call for more Info|
|Magnetic Particle||I & II||3||Call for more Info|
|Plant Maintenance*||I||3||Call for more Info|
- All courses meet the training requirements of SNT-TC-1A
- Dye Penetrant Level I covers visible (red) penetrant testing
- Magnetic Particle Level I covers the use of Yokes with visible, fluorescent and Black & White techniques
- Plant Maintenance Course combines Level I Ultrasonics Thickness Gauging, Dye Penetrant and Magnetic Particle
- Cancellations received less than two weeks prior to the class schedule must pay the full tuition cost and may attend a later scheduled class at no additional cost.
- Courses that do not meet minimum enrollment requirements will be cancelled two weeks prior to the class schedule.
- ASNT SNT-TC-1A requires General, Specific and Practical Exams at course completion with a minimum grade of 70% on any test and a 80% overall average. Students may opt-out of taking these tests and receive a certificate of course attendance.
- We try very hard to explain each subject in a practical, down-to-earth manner. The subject matter is technical and requires the ability to understand physical principles, read and understand procedures and specifications and write test reports. Some courses such as Ultrasonic Flaw Detection require calculation of test parameters, flaw location, beam geometry, etc., using simple algebra and basic trigonometry.
- Please do not waste your money and our time by sending students who do not have the educational background and skills required.
Customized, application oriented courses are also available. These include:
- Ultrasonic Testing of; Rail, Castings, Rail Car Wheels, Rail Tank Cars, Gas Compressor Bolting, Bond Testing. Ultrasonic Flaw sizing using DGS
- Magnetic Particle Testing of Rail Car Axles
- Customized classes can be formatted to your specific requirements. Please call us.
Courses can also be held at your facility. Call for rates.
We offer two types of training programs:
Standard SNT-TC-1A Courses & Specialized “FlexTrain” Courses
In-Plant and Scheduled Training
Radiatronics Standard SNT-TC-1A courses are comprehensive in nature. The goal of these courses is to provide a complete training program covering all the topics covered by SNT-TC-1A for the test method and prepare the student for certification as a Level I or Level II Inspector.
We try to explain each subject in practical terms and explain how it applies to actual testing applications.
Hands-on time is stressed to give each student the opportunity to apply each lesson on test pieces and actual flawed specimens.
Upon completion of the course, each student is given general, specific and practical tests as proof that he is prepared for certification. A course completion certificate is issued as well as a letter detailing the results of the tests and final grade.
Specialized FlexTrain™ Courses:
Our FlexTrain™ Inspector Training Programs are designed for the company and individual who wants to learn how to perform a specific nondestructive test for limited applications.
It is for people who do not have the time to take the Standard SNT-TC-1A program or who wants a program that is focused on his applications.
Our FlexTrain™ programs concentrate on the practical. We will teach you how to use your equipment to perform your tests on your application.
We offer our FlexTrain™ students a choice of receiving a “Certificate of Course Attendance” without a written test, or a Certificate of Course Completion with a final grade following the American Society of Nondestructive Testing SNT-TC-1A formula.
All the tests given in our FlexTrain™ programs are open book. There are no surprise questions. Our grading is weighted towards the student’s ability demonstrate that he can set-up his equipment and properly perform the required inspections. Our FlexTrain™ NDT training programs meet the intent of SNT-TC-1A for application limited certification.
We can guarantee that our FlexTrain™ students will be well prepared to get your job done.
Courses offered include:
Ultrasonic Flaw Detection:
- Level I – Comprehensive
- Level II – Welding Inspection
- Level I & II – Testing of Rail and Rail Welds
- Gas compressor Maintenance
- Casting Inspection
- Silver Braze Bond Testing
- D.G.S. Flaw Sizing and Evaluation
- Rail & Rail Weld Inspection
- Crack Detection in Heavy Equipment
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauging:
- Level I – Corrosion
- Level II – Corrosion
- A & B Scan Gauges & Data Recording
- Precision Thickness Gauging
Magnetic Particle Inspection:
- Level I & II Comprehensive
- Rail Axle Inspection
- Yoke Method – Dry Powder
- Pipeline Inspection – IGSCC (Yoke, dry visible, wet visible (black & white) and wet fluorescent methods
Dye Penetrant Inspection:
- Level I & II Comprehensive
- Red Visible Method
Eddy Current Inspection:
- Crack Detection
- Metal Sorting
- Conductivity Measurement
Coating Thickness Gauging:
- Coating Thickness Gauging Review Program
- Eddy Current, Magnetic Inductive, X-Ray, Coulometric, Ultrasonic
- Introduction to Film Interpretation of Welds
NDT Method Review:
Review program covering the fundamentals of all conventional NDT methods and their typical application
Hardness Testing Review:
- Comprehensive Review of Standard and Portable Testing Methods and Equipment
Click Here for More Information