OKOndt UDS2-77 BASIC
Basic Ultrasonic Rail Flaw Detector
with A & B Scan displays
The UDS2-77-BASIC is a simplified version of the UDS-2-77-AREMA.
It has 5 probes: 2-45* degree, 2-70 degree and one 0 degree probe as shown below.
UDS2-77-BASIC ultrasonic rail flaw detector is intended for defect detection in rail along the running surface and rail cross-section, except for the rail foot flanges. It can also be used for manual check testing of welded joints and evaluation of detected defects. Test results are stored in non-volatile memory.
- HORIZONTAL CRACKING OF THE RAIL HEAD – 0° probe
- VERTICAL CRACKING OF THE RAIL HEAD – 0° probe and 45° probe (in case of the crack location in the web projection);
- SHELLING OF RUNNING SURFACE – 0° probe
- HORIZONTAL CRACKING AT THE WEB-HEAD FILLET RADIUS – 0° probe
- HORIZONTAL CRACKING AT THE WEB-FOOT FILLET RADIUS – code 0° probe
- LONGITUDINAL VERTICAL CRACKING (PIPING) – 0° probe and 45° probe
- STAR-CRACKING OF FISHBOLT HOLES – 0° probe and 45° probe
- DIAGONAL CRACKING AWAY FROM ANY HOLE – 0° probe and 45° probe
- PROGRESSIVE TRANSVERSE CRACKING (KIDNEY-SHAPED FATIGUE CRACK) – 70° probe
- HORIZONTAL CRACKING – 0° probe and 45° probe