- Size: 8.5" W x 6.5" H x 2.5" D (216 x 165 x 70mm).
- Weight: 4.5 lbs. (2.04 kg) with batteries
- Case: Extruded aluminum body with nickel plated end caps (gasket sealed)
- Display: Sunlight readable QVGA TFT color display (320 x 240 pixels). Viewable area is 4.54" x 3.40" (115.2 x 86.4 mm) or 5.7" (144.78 mm) diagonal. 16 color pallete, multiple color options and variable brightness.
- Screen Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Display Views:
- Flaw Detector: Full Wave, ± Rectified or RF
- Thickness Gauge: Digits, ± Rectified, RF or B-Scan
- Timing: Precision TCXO with single shot 100 MHz 8 bit ultra low power digitizer
- Measurement Gates: Two independent gates (Flaw) and three gates (Thickness). Start & width adjustable over full range. Amplitude 5 - 95%, 1% steps. Positive or negative triggering for each gate with audible and visual alarms.
- Operating Temperature: 14°F to 140°F (-10°C to 60°)
- Environmental: Meets IP-65 requirements
- Pulser Type: DFX-8: Two adjustable square wave pulsers. DFX-8+: Two tone burst pulsers.
- PRF: 8 to 2,000Hz in selectable steps (8, 16, 32, 66, 125, 250, 333, 1,000 and 2,000 Hz)
- Pulser Voltage: DFX-8: 100 - 200 volt peak amplitude, rise / fall time < 10ns into 50 ohm. DFX-8+: 100 - 400V.
- Pulse Width: 40 to 400 ns. Selectable step options 40, 80 & 400 ns (labeled spike, thin & wide).
- Automatic Calibration: Longitudinal (straight) or Shear (angle)
- Probe Types: Single Contact, Dual, Delay and Angle
- Units: English (in), Metric (mm), or Time (µs)
- Velocity: 0.0100 to .6300 in./µs (256 - 16,000 m/s)
- Test Range: 0 to 0.076 in (1.93 mm) minimum, to 1200 in (30,480 mm) maximum at steel velocity. Continuously Variable.
- Zero offset (Probe Zero): 0 - 999.999 µs
- Material Velocity Table: Contains longitudinal and shear velocities for a variety of material types.
- Log Formats: Grid (Alpha Numeric) or Sequential (Auto Identifier)
- Capacity: 4 Gb internal & up to 64 Gb External SD slot
- Screen Capture: bitmap graphic capture for quick documentation
- Custom Setups: 64 user configurations
- Gain: 0 to 110dB with 0.2dB resolution. Manual and AGC control.
- Damping: 50, 75, 100, 300, 600 & 1,500 ohms.
- Frequency Bands: DFX-8 & DFX-8+ Broadband 1.8 - 19 MHz (-3dB). Four narrow bands at 1MHz, 2MHz, 5 MHz and 10 MHZ. DFX-8+ Additional narrow bands at 0.5MHz and 15MHz
- Horizontal Linearity: ± 0.4% FSW
- Vertical Linearity: ± 1% FSH
- Amplifier Linearity: ± 1 dB
- Amplitude Measurement: 0 to 100% FSH, with 1% resolution
- Delay: 0 - 999 inches (25,375 mm) at steel velocity
- Power Source:
- Lithium Ion Pack: 10.8V, 2 amp hrs., typical operation 18 hrs.
- Battery Backup: Emergency battery. Six 1.5V alkaline, 1.2V AA Nicad cells, 1.2V AA NIMH, or other equivalent power source. Battery life (continuous use): Alkaline (12 hrs.) Nicad (5 hrs.) and NI-MH (12 hrs.) with default settings.
- USB: Direct USB1.1 PC Connectivity
- Power Connector: 12v @ 2amps, 100 - 240 VAC, 0.7 Amps, 50 - 60 Hz
- 5 Pin Lemo Includes:
- RS232 Output: RS232 PC serial interface. DFX-8+ for use with B-Scan encoders (crawlers).
- Alarm Outputs: Two independent alarm outputs triggered by the gates.
- Analog Out: DFX-8+ Proportional outputs (amplitude or distance), 0 - 10 volts
- Transducer Connectors: Two LEMO 00 connectors
- Remote Commander:
Java PC software allows remote display and control for training / presentation purposes and custom system integration.
Delay Line: High Frequency single element delay line style for precision testing of thin materials.
Pencil: High Frequency single element delay line style for testing of materials in tight access areas and difficult geometries.
Contact: Single element contact style for general purpose longitudinal & Shear wave flaw detection.
Dual: Pitch / Catch dual element style for longitudinal & Shear wave corrosion inspections.
Thickness Gauge: Factory calibration traceable to NIST & MIL-STD-45662A.
Flaw Detector: EN12668-1 compliant
2 year warranty