SONO 950 has been discontinued and based on temperature range the recommended replacement is Echo760.
Echo 760 is a medium viscosity paste couplant for high temperature thickness and corrosion testing. It contains a polymer which melts and begins to smoke at 600°F (316°C). Operating Range: 600° to 760°F (316° to 404°C). For more information, click on the link - Echo700 Series.
SONO 950 provides coupling for high temperature thickness gauging. SONO 950 will maintain acoustic coupling at high temperatures beyond 15 seconds, to give ample time for obtaining good thickness readings. In most cases, the signal strength actually increases with time, to the point of thermal decomposition.
Note: For best results, allow a few seconds of "melt time" before taking reading. Signal attenuation may occur if used at lower than recommended temperatures.
- Less smoke than SONO 900
- Provides an extended time window for longer inspections or to optimize thickness readings at high temperatures
- Non-toxic, non irritating formula provides inspection safety
- Medium viscosity paste
- No Perfluorocarbons or fluorinated materials, which can cause adverse health effects at high temperatures.
- Remove excess couplant from transducer and other surfaces using a cloth like material that does present a fire hazard.
- Do not use solvent based cleaners on hot surfaces!