Phoenix ISL TOFD Wedges
Phoenix produces a wide range of Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) wedges manufactured from durable plastic, brass or stainless steel. The wedges fit the universal Metric Threaded probes (M12, M20 and M30) and are suitable for use with the Phoenix range of TOFD probes.
All TOFD wedges are supplied with M3 irrigation channels as standard.
| || |
- Sound Velocity: 2320m/s
- Beam angles specified are for longitudinal waves.
- Nozzle fits a 2.5mm tube.
- Gimbal center is 7.00mm from wedge base.
- Gimbal is 5mm Ø x 3.85mm long (hex 3mm key).
- All wedges are irrigated as standard and can be coupled with couplant gel or water as required.
| || |
- Wear Plates or Couplant Skids must be ordered with the wedge as the addition of M3 x 5 deep hole is required. Wear plates are available for the front and rear of the wedge.
- Side Skids are available but incompatible with tool-post applications.
Couplant must be applied to the probe face and the wedge shoe during use (this can be pumped or applied manually).
|Wedge Product Code ||Beam Angle ||Thread Size ||To Fit Probe Types ||W x L (mm) ||Wedge Delay (mm) ||Wedge Delay (µs) ||Emission Point (mm from front) |
|WTOF 12/45 ||45° ||M12 ||M12 DTOF and CDTOF 3-6mm Ø ||30 x 20 ||7.1 ||3.06 ||8 |
|WTOF 12/60 ||60° ||M12 ||M12 DTOF and CDTOF 3-6mm Ø ||30 x 20 ||7.1 ||3.06 ||8 |
|WTOF 12/70 ||70° ||M12 ||M12 DTOF and CDTOF 3-6mm Ø ||30 x 20 ||7.0 ||3.01 ||8 |
|WTOF 20/45 ||45° ||M20 ||M20 DTOF and CDTOF 9-12mm Ø ||30 x 30 ||8.1 ||3.42 ||13 |
|WTOF 20/60 ||60° ||M20 ||M20 DTOF and CDTOF 9-12mm Ø ||30 x 30 ||7.5 ||3.25 ||13 |
|WTOF 20/70 ||70° ||M20 ||M20 DTOF and CDTOF 9-12mm Ø ||30 x 30 ||7.5 ||3.25 ||13 |
|WTOF 30/45 ||45° ||M30 ||M30 DTOF and CDTOF 20mm Ø ||40 x 45 ||7.5 ||3.25 ||20 |
|WTOF 30/60 ||60° ||M30 ||M30 DTOF and CDTOF 20mm Ø ||40 x 45 ||7.5 ||3.25 ||20 |
|WTOF 30/70 ||70° ||M30 ||M30 DTOF and CDTOF 20mm Ø ||40 x 45 ||7.5 ||3.25 ||20 |
Wedges can be contoured to suit any surface profile - Diameter and direction must be stated.
Probe dimensions supplied exclude connectors, gimbal pins and couplant nozzles.
Probe diameter measurements are to the widest point.
Contouring available per probe (please specify relative to beam direction).
Certificates and documents are optional and can be supplied with all transducers.