NDT Supply CC-1000 Crack Check AC-MFL Crack Detector
The CC-1000 is a crack detector designed for quick and easy detection of fatigue cracks in steel structures. It can detect cracks under thick coatings of paint and it can test base material, welds and HAZ with little interference due to roughness and variations in alloy or magnetic properties.
The CC-1000 has similar capabilities as Eddy Current Testing, using cross-wound differential probes (Weldscan), but is far simpler to use and a fraction of the price.
Not only does the CC-1000 detect cracks, it also indicates crack depth through thick coatings
How does the CC-1000 work?
The concept is simple and can be explained as an electronic version of magnetic particle testing, where the particles are replaced by sensors built into the probe.
The CC-1000 probe has a coil which induces an AC magnetic field on the surface of the test material. This field is disturbed when a surface crack is present resulting in magnetic flux leakage at the edge of the crack. This flux leakage is detected and measured by the magneto-sensitive element in the probe. The instrument converts this to an electric signal and displays the signal with its intensity on the LCD display.
- Handheld design, small, light and easy to carry
- Inspections are quickly done without disturbing expensive coatings
- Detects cracks and indicates crack depth
- Detects cracks through up to 2mm thick coatings
- Less expensive than other electronic crack detection instruments
- Color LCD A-Scan Display
- Auto-Null Feature
- 12 Hour Lithium Ion battery pack
- Fast operator training
- IP65 design allows use under difficult working conditions
- Large 21/8" x 33/16" (53mm x 79mm) LCD Display
- 5 Way Joy stick control
- Up-Down Gain (Sensitivity) Control
- 2D Real-Time sweep trace display
- 500 file storage
- Adjustable sweep time 0.5 to 5.0 seconds
- 20 Step Filter
- Audio Alarm with adjustable threshold control
- 0 - 99 dB Gain Control
- Dimensions: 6.5" wide x 4.2" high x 2" deep (162mm x 105mm x 50mm)
- Weight: 1.6 pounds (740 grams)
Standard Kit Includes:
- Pencil Probe with cable
- EDM Notched Steel Test Block with 20 mil shim (0.5mm), notches at 0.02", 0.04" and 0.08" (0.5mm, 1.0mm and 2.0mm)
- Battery Charger, 110/220 VAC
- Manufacturers Certificate