MFE Mark III - Tank Floor Scanners
The Mark III Series offers improved inspection results through coated floors and thicker plates, fully adjustable limits for enhanced thresholding techniques and the ability to produce color-coded maps of carbon steel loss across tank floors.
Three Different Models:
|• ||Manual Operation |
|• ||Stop-On-Defect |
|• ||Color Map |
|• ||Manual Operation System to Stop-On-Defect System |
|• ||Stop-On-Defect Operation to the Color Map System |
MFE Mark III - Manually Operated Tank Floor Scanner
The Manually Operated Mark III Tank Floor Scanner has an improved magnetic bridge that provides higher sensitivity for inspecting thru-coat storage tank floors and increased plate thickness.
- Rugged touch screen Panasonic Toughbook displays the digital volume loss signals in real time and allows the operator to adjust the gain and set the alarm quickly and easily.
- The manual scanner can be upgraded to a Stop-On-Defect unit with the addition of a few interchangeable components.
MFE Mark III - Stop-On-Defect Tank Floor Scanner
The Mark III Stop-On-Defect Tank Floor Scanner is an upgraded version of the Manual Operation unit that includes a motor to drive the tank floor scanner.
- New and improved fully adjustable threshold. Any signal that rises above the set threshold will not only stop the motor but will also freeze the signal(s) on screen, so that the inspector can quickly identify the location of the defect in the tank floor.
- Can be upgraded to a ColorMap unit with the addition of our software to the Toughbook.
MFE Mark III - ColorMap Tank Floor Scanner
- Software allows inspectors to create a detailed tank floor schematic, view real time c-scan images and overlay the actual floor scans on each plate. The end result is a color coded map of the tank floor that indicates precise locations of carbon steel loss in the plates.
- Quickly identifies discontinuiuties in the storage tank floor for repairs.
| ||Mark III - Manual ||Mark III - Stop-On-Defect ||Mark III - ColorMap |
|Scan Width: ||12 inches ||12 inches ||12 inches |
|Maximum Single Scan Length: ||None ||None ||None |
|Speed: ||Adjustable to 3ft / sec ||Adjustable to 3ft / sec ||Adjustable to 3 ft / sec |
|Thickness Range: ||0.75" / 20 mm ||0.75" / 20 mm ||0.75" / 20 mm |
|Data Storage: ||No ||No ||No |
|Test Through Coatings: ||Yes, if non-magnetic ||Yes, if non-magnetic ||Yes, if non-magnetic |
|Max Coating Thickness: ||Floor Plate and coating up to 0.75" / 20 mm ||Floor Plate and coating up to 0.75" / 20 mm ||Floor Plate and coating up to 0.75" / 20 mm |
|Real Time Analysis: ||Yes, 12 channels ||Yes, 12 channels ||Yes, 12 channels |
|Power Requirements: ||12V Battery ||12V Battery ||12V Battery |
|Operation Weight: ||100 lbs. ||130 lbs. ||130 lbs. |
|Freeze Scan Alarm: ||Yes ||Yes ||Yes |
|Real Time Display for Auto Stop: ||No ||Yes ||Yes |
|Auto Stop: ||No ||Yes, Optional ||Yes, Optional |
|Adjustable Threshold: ||No ||Yes ||Yes |
|Sensitivity: ||Adjustable ||Adjustable ||Adjustable |
|Create Report: ||No ||No ||Yes |
|CAD Tank Drawing Software ||No ||No ||Yes |