Solid State Systems Mobile Mag Testers
Solid State Systems mobile magentic particle inspection units are available in the 4,000 and 6,000 ampere AC & HWDC models.
Use with cable wrap, central conductors or prods for inspection of large weldments, castings, axels, forgings and pressure vessels.
| || |
- Mounted on 8-inch heavy duty swivel casters and four lifting rings, they can be easily moved to the job.
- A remote-control unit is available for use with both units. It provides control of the magnetizing and demagnetizing current from a convenient hand-held unit.
- A remote On-Off switch on the front panel of the machine provides quick selection of local or remote-controlled operation.
- All operating controls and indicators are located on the recessed front panel.
- The easy-to-read ammeter shows magnetizing current in either AC or half wave DC operating modes.
- The AC mode minimizes background interference, permitting high sensitivity, speed and accuracy of surface defect indentification.
- The HWDC mode provides increased magnetic field penetration for detection of sub-surface discontinuities.
- A current adjustment control permits precise adjustment of the magnetizing current.
- The ammeter is protected against damage from rough handling
- Overheat protection is standard.
Features & Benefits:
| || |
- Meets Military & Industry Specifications
- More output per unit weight & size
- 4,000 or 6,000 amp HWDC and AC
- Infinitely variable current control
- Digital ammeter with hold feature
- Fast, effective automatic AC demagnetization
- Thermal overload protection
- Rugged duty cycle
- Ideal for overall magnetization applications
- Simple to operate
- All controls recessed for damage control
- Ideal for localized prod and cable use
- Remote control feature operation available
- Storage well on top for cables and materials
- Convenient 115V outlet
The Model S-2067 is designed to provide a maximum output of 6,000 amperes HWDC with two (2) 20-foot lengths of 4/0 cable. The unit is intended for intermittent operation and should not be utilized above its rated capacity.
AC Operation: 0 to 1,200 amperes - continuous. 1,200 to 2,000 amperes - one minute on, three minutes off. 2,000 to 3,000 amperes - one minute on, six minutes off. 3,000 to 6,000 amperes - one minute on, twelve minutes off.
HWDC Operation: 0 to 1,200 amperes - continuous. 1,200 to 2,000 amperes - one minute on, three minutes off. 2,000 to 3,000 amperes - one minute on, six minutes off. 3,000 to 6,000 amperes - one minute on, twelve minutes off.
Long Lead Current Output:
Long lead current output of 1,000 amperes, either AC or half wave DC, may be obtained using two (2) 4/0 cables 90 feet long, plus two (2) 2/0 cables 10 feet long, connected by means of two (2) contact clamps. Cables should be extended straight out from equipment without any loops and with cables close together to achieve this output at maximum current settings.
|Input Voltage: ||460 VAC, 50/60Hz, 1 Phase |
|Recommended Line Fuse: ||200 amperes at 460 VAC |
|Wire Size (100'): ||No. 6 at 460 VAC |
|Magnetizing Output |
Current - Max:
|4,000 or 6,000 amperes AC & HWDC |
|Current Control and Rectifiers: ||"On" - "Off" only with prods. Potentiometer control. |
|Ammeter: ||Digital Meter - 0-6.00 amperes; accuracy ±3%. Magnetizing amperes HWDC RMS amperes AC. Switch selection for AC or HWDC. |
|Remote Control: ||"On" - "Off" only with prods. Potentiometer control |
|Demagnetization (AC only): ||Decaying Ramp from set point output to 0 amperes in approximately 10 seconds |
|Dimensions: ||Cabinet - 30.5" x 20.5" x 23". Casters - 8" Diameter |
|Weight: ||550 pounds |
|Accessories: ||Control Pendant |