Battery Powered LED UV-C 275nm Disinfectant UV Lamp
HOW DOES UV-C WORK?
UV-C effects the organisms DNA and its ability to reproduce. The higher the DOSE the more effective it is at doing that.
How do i get a higher DOSE?
- Intensity - start with the intensity of the lamp - ST-100 is a 40W LED which is very bright as compared to many other UV-C lamps.
- Distance - the closer the lamp is to the object the higher the DOSE - at 8" the DOSE is 1/4 the DOSE at 4". This is called the inverse square law. But note the smaller the illuminated area will be, thats physics.
- Time - double the time, double the DOSE
What is the recommended exposure time?
The longer the better, the laboratory that tested the lamp stated that over 99.9% kill ratio in 10 seconds on the types of bacteria listed (See attached ST-100 Report in Product Literature)
What is the recommended distance for exposure?
The manufacturer of the ST-100 states that 30 seconds at 4" kills most bacteria and viruses.
**The ST-100 should be used as a supplement to other cleaning methods.**
- Laboratory Tested - Effectively kills most kinds of infectious bacteria, viruses and fungi
- Timer Equipped - Hold for 30 seconds at 4" (10cm) distance for effective sanitation
- Powerful: 21 LED chips, 40W output, nominal 50,000 hour lifetime
- Peak Wavelength: 275nm
- Battery: Li battery 29.4 Vdc, 2600mAH
- 1 charge = 3 hours of continuous operation
- Child Safety Lock enabled
- Mercury Free
- Focused Lens - limits exposure outside testing area
- Dimensions: 8.6" x 9.4" x 4.3" (218.4 x 238.8 x 109.2 mm)
- Weight: 2.65 lbs. (1.2 kg)
- 2 yr. service guarantee
- Easy to use
- Control time of exposure to ensure effective cleaning
- Set time from 1 second to 9 minutes
- Automatically counts down once timer is set (5 beeps = cleaning process is complete)
Suggested Time of Exposure and Distance:
- 30 seconds at 4" (10cm) distance
**UV-C is Hazardous to human skin and eyes**
The following guidelines must be followed to protect yourself from serious damage to eyes and skin:
- Wear UV filtering safety glasses (safety glasses are included with the lamp)
- Avoid exposure to eyes - Never look directly at the beam
- Avoid exposure to skin - cover your arms, hands and other extremities
This is not a toy, keep it away from children and child like adults.
Treat it like a loaded gun - only aim it at inert objects, never aim it at people or animals.