King Brinell Hardness Tester
Nothing beats it for Accuracy, Versatility, Durability and Affordability
The King Brinell is designed to make impressions that are used to measure the hardness of a metal.
The King portable Brinell has a number of advantages:
- Permanence: Impression can be checked and rechecked at any time
- Accuracy: Calibrated accurately to 1/2 of 1% of the load. Can be used for greater loads up to 3,000 kg (6,614 lbs.). Breaks through surface heat treatments to get to the core of the material.
- Durability: Some King Portable Brinell testers have been working for over 60 years.
- Versatility: Can be used in virtually any position; right side up, upside down or sideways. Take the tester to the metal, not the metal to the tester.
On the market for over 60 years, King Brinell hardness testers are lightweight, easy to maneuver and require only one operator, making them ideal for use as portable or bench units. Versatile enough to test virtually any size and shape of metal specimen, these testers are easy to use. The operator simply places the specimen between the anvil and the test head, cranks the test head down onto the specimen, locking the tester in place, closes the pressure release valve, and pumps the hydraulic lever until desired load is reached. The tester applies up to a 3,000 kg load on a 10mm ball, making the required impression, which is available for re-reading at any time. A by-pass valve is automatically activated at the calibrated load, eliminating the chance of overloading. The impression is then read and recorded by the operator using a Brinell microscope, such as King's Deep Reading Microscope or their KingScan automatic Brinell microscope. This portable Brinell hardness tester meets all international standards for Brinell testing including ASTM E-110, British Standard #240, Pt.2, Sect.1 and JIS Standards and is calibrated to 1/2 of 1% of load on equipment traceable to NIST Standards.
Standard King Brinell Hardness Testers Include:
- King Brinell Hardness Tester Instrument with 1/4" gap and 4" throat
- Head and Gauge calibrated for a 0 - 3000 kg load (0 - 6,614 lbs.)
- Filled hydrolic reservoir
- 10 mm steel ball
- flat, dome and v-shaped anvils
- Maintenance Manual