Underwater Multi-Mode Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
The UMX-2 is a underwater material and coating thickness gauge, designed for offshore inspections and rated to a depth of 1000 feet (300 meters). The UMX-2 is very versatile, offering both Dual & Single element transducers. Equipped with multiple measurement mode options, the UMX-2 will meet all your application requirements. Onboard 5,000 point data logger, all UMX-2 settings stored for each measurement, along with an actual A-Scan waveform.
- Weight: 1.5 lbs (0.680kg) – with 3 AA batteries.
- Length (9.0 in/229 mm)
- Diameter (2.375 in/60.33 mm)
- Operating Temperature: -20° to 140°F (-29° to 60°C).
- Keyboard: Single button, magnetically coupled switch.
- Underwater Case: High strength transparent plastic housing. Depth rating of 1000 feet (300 meters).
- Data Output: Bi-directional RS232 serial port, with USB converter. Windows® PC interface software.
- 1/2in (12.7mm) 4.5 digit LCD display.
- 3/8in (9.5mm) 6 alpha LCD display.
- Both displays backlit (on/off/auto).
- Measurement Modes:
- Dual Element Probes Pulse-Echo (P-E): Coating Off.
- Pulse-Echo Coating (PECT): Coating On
- Echo-Echo (E-E): Thru-Paint.
- Single Element Probes Triple-Echo (TCG): Thru-Paint.
- Pulser: Dual square wave pulsers.
- Receiver: Dual receivers – manual or AGC gain control with 110dB range (limited).
- Timing: 25 MHz TCXO with single shot 100 MHz 8 bit ultra low power digitizer.
- Three 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Continuous operation
- Backlight Off: Typically operates for 50 hours on alkaline and 15 hours on NiCad
- Backlight On: Typically operates for 15 hours on alkaline and 8 hours on Nicad. (charger not included.)
- Auto power off if idle for 5 min.
- Battery status displayed on power up.
- Pulse-Echo Mode (P-E): (Pit&Flaw Detection) measures from 0.025 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters).
- Pulse-Echo Coating Mode (PECT): (Material, Coating, Pit & Flaw Detection): Material: 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters). Coating: 0.001 to 0.100 inches (0.01 to 2.54 millimeters).
- Echo-Echo Mode (E-E): Thru Paint & Coatings) Measures from 0.100 to 4.0 inches (2.54 to 102 millimeters). Range will vary +/- depending on the coating.
- Triple-Echo Mode (TCG): Thru Paint&Coatings) Measures from 0.040 to 6.0 inches (1 to 150 millimeters) in steel. Range will vary based on coating thickness, material type, and probe.
- Resolution: +/- .001 inches (0.01 mm)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .5510 in./µs 1250 to 13995 meters/sec
- Units: English & Metric
- Calibration: 8 fixed and 1 programmable Material Velocities (in/µs):
- 1. Aluminum: 2024 – .251
- 2. Steel: 4340 – .233
- 3. Stainless Steel: 302 – .223
- 4. Iron – .232
- 5. Cast Iron – .180
- 6. PVC – .094
- 7. Polystyrene – .092
- 8. Polyurethane - .070
- 9. Custom User
- Segmented Displays:
- 4.5 Digit LCD – Primary Measurement display.
- 6 Character LCD – Displays menu options.
- Repeatability Bar Graph Bar graph indicates stability of reading.
DATA LOGGER (INTERNAL)
- File Formats:
- Grid: Alphanumeric
- Sequential: Auto identifier
- Programming: Storage capacity of 1 file template. Size and dimension specified by the user.
- Storage Capacity: 5,000 readings, settings and waveform graphics.
- Memory: 32 megabit non-volitile ram.
- Auto Probe Zero: Applies to dual element probes only.
- Transducer Types: Dual Element 1 to 10 MHz frequency range. Custom auto recognition probes. (flaw & pit detection).
- Single Element: 1 to 10MHz frequency range (general purpose).
- LEMO underwater connectors.
- Standard 4 foot cable.
- Custom transducers and cable lengths available for special applications.
- Factory Calibration: traceable to national standards.
- IP68 rating
UMX-2 Kit Includes Unit, Standard Transducer (5MHz x 1/4"), Couplant, Manual, Plastic Carrying Case, Certificate of Calibration and AA Batteries. PC Software and Data Transfer Cables included with Data Logging & programmable gauges. UMX Series includes spare gaskets and lubrication set. Z-185-0001