DAKOTA MX-5 & MX-5DL
This item is discontinued, click on the link for the alternative - ZX-5
The MX-5 has all the features of the MX-3 plus:
- An audible and visual alarm mode: In alarm mode, the user can set a nominal thickness value. When measurements fall above or below the set nominal value, a red light and audible beeper is displayed and sounded.
- Differential mode: In differential mode, the user sets a target thickness value and the MX-5 will display the difference ( +/- ) from the target value.
- RS232 output: This enables the user the ability to send measurements to an external data collection device or directly to a PC.
The MX-5 is a simple to use hand-held Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge. It offers features that make your job easier. Alarm mode, Differential mode, high speed scanning and data send are the main features of the MX-5. The MX-5 comes as a complete kit, ready to use and is backed by Dakota Ultrasonics' 5 year limited warranty.
The MX-5DL has all the features of the MX-5 plus:
- An Internal data logger that stores a total of 1000 readings in 10 files of 100 readings each file. This gives the user the ability to store and download the stored measurements directly to a PC
- DakView software program and transfer cable are included in the MX-5DL kit.
The MX-5DL is a simple to operate Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge with an internal data logger. It offers features that make your job easier. Alarm mode, Differential mode, high speed scanning and data send are the main features of the MX-5DL. The MX-5DL will automatically log your readings in numeric order (1 to 1000 readings). The gauge comes as a complete kit, ready to use and is backed by Dakota Ultrasonics' 5 year limited warranty.
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.75 H x 1.25 D inches (63.5 W x 120.7 H x 31.8 D mm)
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120F (-20 to 50C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body / nickel plated aluminum end caps. Resistant to impact and environmentally sealed.
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- Nine tactile-feedback keys
- Dual element (transmit and receive)
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Locking quick disconnect LEMO connectors
- 4 foot cable
- Optional cable lengths up to 100 feet
- Custom transducers available for special applications
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 200 hours on alkaline and 130 hours on NiCad.
- Display flashes when battery is low. Unit turns off automatically when battery is too low to operate reliably.
DATA LOGGER (MX-5DL only)
- Automatic numeric Data Logging System 1 to 1,000 readings.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Backlight is selectable: on/off /auto and illuminates only when taking a measurement
- Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond, millimeters and meters/second.
- Bar graph indicates stability or reading.
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards.
- Range: Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters)
- Switch to select English or metric units.
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3937 in/m s ,1250 to 10,000 meters/sec
- Built-in: Stainless steel reference disk for probe zeroing.
- Four readings per second for single point measure ments or 16 per second in scan mode. Captures the minimum thickness.
- Single and Two point calibration options included
- Features: Differential Mode: Enter acceptable thickness value, unit will display +/- the difference from the value entered.
- Alarm Mode: Enter a minimum acceptable thickness value. If measurement falls below minimum, red led will illuminate and sound beeper.
- Differential Mode: Enter acceptable thickness value, unit will display +/- the difference from the value entered.
- Alarm Mode: Enter a minimum acceptable thickness value. If measurement falls below minimum, red LED will illuminate and sound beeper. If measurement is above minimum value, green LED will illuminate.
- Data Ouput: RS232 output sends thickness readings to a printer, computer or other
All Kits include: Unit, Standard Transducer (5MHz x 1/4"), Couplant, Manual, Plastic Carrying Case, AA Batteries and Calibration Certificate.