This item has been discontinued, click on the link for the alternative - ZX-3
The MX-3 has adjustable material velocity and a scan mode.
The advantages of this gauge include:
- Precise calibration to your material. Using either a calibration block or a known thickness of your material, simply adjust the reading until they match.
- The "Scan-mode" improves pitting detection. Just turn on the "Scan-mode" and scan your pipe or tank. The instrument will lock-in on the thinnest point scanned.
With the hand held MX-3 Ultrasonic micrometer, you can make reliable measurements or scan a length of material for the thinnest point. The tool's backlit display is easy to read, even in dim light and the unit operates for up to 200 hours on a single set of batteries. The MX-3 comes complete, ready to use and is protected by Dakota Ultrasonics 5 year limited warranty.
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.75 H x 1.25 D inches
63.5 W x 120.7 H x 31.8 D mm
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120F (-20 to 50C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body / nickel plated aluminum end caps. Resistant to impact and environmentally sealed.
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- Six tactile-feedback keys
- Dual element (transmit and receive)
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Locking quick disconnect Lemo connectors
- 4 foot cable
- Custom transducers available for special applications
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 200 hours on alkaline and 130 hours on NiCad.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Measurements displayed in inches, inches/microsecond, millimeters and meters/second.
- Bar graph indicates stability or reading.
- Factory calibration traceable to national standards.
- Range: Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters)
- Switch to select English or metric units.
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter)
- Velocity Range: .0492 to .3937 in/m s. 1250 to 10,000 meters/sec
- Built-in: Stainless steel reference disk for probe zeroing.
- Four readings per second for single point measurements or 16 per second in SCAN mode.
- Single and Two point calibration option included.
MX-3 Kit Includes: Unit, Standard Transducer (5MHz x 1/4"), Couplant, Manual, Plastic Carrying Case, AA Batteries and Calibration Certificate.