This item has been discontinued, click on the link for the alternative - ZX-2
The MX-2 has 8 preset material velocities.
The advantages of this gauge include:
- No calibration, just select your material and Probe Zero and you are ready to test.
- No special training, instrument is always calibrated for selected materials.
- Calibration blocks are not required
The MX-2 is ideal for the person that tests a few different materials regularly. The MX-2 contains 8 velocities of common materials and two velocities that the user can set using a simple sofware program. The tool's backlit display is easy to read, even in dim light and the unit operates for up to 80 hours on alkaline batteries and 20 hours on NiCad. The MX-2 is packaged in an all metal case, sealed with gaskets to protect it from harsh working environments. The MX-2 comes complete, ready to use and is protected by Dakota Ultrasonics 5 year limited warranty.
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.5 H x 1.24 D inches (63.5 W x 114.3 H x 31.5 D mm)
- Operating Temperature: -20°F to 120°F (-30°C to 50°C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body with nickel plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- 4 or 5 tactile-feedback keys.
- Dual element (transmit and receive)
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Locking quick disconnect Lemo connectors
- 4 foot cable
- Custom transducers available for special applications
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 8 hours on alkaline and 20 hours on NiCad.
- Display flashes when battery is low. Unit turns off automatically when battery is too low to operate reliably.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Backlight is selectable on / off / auto (illuminates only when taing a measurement).
- Bar graph indicates stability or reading.
- RS232 serial interface. PC software & USB converter cable included.
- Factory calibration traceable to NIST & MIL-STD-45662A.
- Range: Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters). Range dependent on material and transducer type.
- Units: English & Metric
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeter)
- Velocity Range: 0.0492 to .5511 in/µs. 1,250 to 14,000 meters/sec.
- Four readings per second for single point measurements.
- Velocity Settings: The MX-2 has 8 set velocities and 2 that are custom to the user's applications. The set velocities are as follows:
- 1. Steel 4340 (.233)
- 2. Stainless Steel 303 (.223 )
- 3. Aluminum 2024 (.251 )
- 4. Cast Iron (.179 )
- 5. Plexiglass (.106 )
- 6. PVC (.094)
- 7. Polystyrene (.092)
- 8. Polyurethane (.070 )
- 9. Custom
- 10. Custom
MX-2 Kit Includes: Unit, Standard Transducer (5MHz x 1/4"), Couplant, Manual, Plastic Carrying Case, AA Batteries and Calibration Certificate.