This item has been discontinued, click on the link for the alternative - ZX-1
The MX-1 is a simple, fixed velocity gauge.
The advantages of a fixed velocity gauge include:
- No calibration, just Probe Zero and you are ready to test.
- Less expensive, hundreds of dollars less than other gauges.
- No special training, instrument is always calibrated for selected materials.
- No calibration block required
The MX-1 will hold a single velocity, making it the perfect choice for applications, where only one material is being tested day after day. With the preset velocity in the gauge, you simply turn it on and go to work. The velocity is set in the MX-1 with a simple software program that is supplied with the unit. The tool's backlit display is easy to read, even in dim light conditions and the unit operates for up to 80 hours on alkaline batteries and 20 hours on NiCad. The MX-1 is packaged in an all metal case, sealed with gaskets to protect it from harsh working environments. The MX-1 comes complete, ready to use and is protected by Dakota Ultrasonics 5 year limited warranty.
Corrosion & Pitting
Tube & Pipe
Variety of Applications
- Weight: 10 ounces
- Size: 2.5 W x 4.5 H x 1.24 D inches (63.5 W x 114.3 H x 31.5 D mm)
- Operating Temperature: -20°F to 120°F (-30°C to 50°C)
- Case: Extruded aluminum body with nickel plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
- Sealed membrane that is resistant to both water and petroleum products.
- 4 or 5 tactile-feedback keys.
- Dual element (transmit and receive)
- 1 to 10 MHz frequency range.
- Locking quick disconnect Lemo connectors
- 4 foot cable
- Custom transducers available for special applications
- Two 1.5V alkaline or 1.2V NiCad AA cells.
- Typically operates for 80 hours on alkaline and 20 hours on NiCad.
- Display flases when battery is low. Unit turns off automatically when battery is too low to operate reliably.
- Multi-function 4.5 digit liquid crystal display with 0.500 inch numerals, backlit for use in poor light conditions.
- Backlight is selectable on / off / auto (illuminates only when taking a measurement).
- Bar graph indicates stability or reading.
- RS232 serial interface. PC software & USB converter cable included.
- Factory calibration traceable to NIST & MIL-STD-45662A.
- Range: Measures from 0.025 to 19.999 inches (0.63 to 500 millimeters). Range dependent on material and transducer type.
- Units: English & Metric.
- Resolution: 0.001 inch (0.01 millimeters)
- Velocity Range: 0.0492 to .5511 in/µs. 1,250 to 14,000 meters/sec
- Four readings per second for single point measurements or 16 per second in SCAN mode.
- Velocity Settings: The MX-1 has 1 custom velocity setting.
MX-1 Kit Includes: Unit, Standard Transducer (5MHz x 1/4"), Couplant, Manual, Plastic Carrying Case, AA Batteries and Calibration Certificate. Set for steel, unless otherwise requested.