Dakota Ultrasonics CMX 2.0
The CMX 2.0 measures thickness, detects internal pitting on coated pipes and tanks, while also measuring the coating thickness simply and cheaply!
The CMX 2.0 has all features of the ZX gauges with a ton of advanced features. Measure material and coating thickness simultaneously, while still detecting pits & flaws in a single mode (PECT). Auto probe zero, auto probe recognition, auto temperature compensation are also included. Selectable Large Digits and B-Scan display options, up to 64 custom user definable setups, selectable transducer table for precision linearity, and material and coating calibration options are also available.
Our standard thru paint mode is is still included and ongoing. Switch between modes, according the transducer recognized or manually selected. 5 position 12dB gain switch allows the user to adjust to certain material types and be successful with common but difficult application scenarios. A built-in TDG (time dependent gain) feature is incorporated into our transducer list for use with attenuative materials. This gauge is really loaded with a ton of features and added benefits. It's all very nicely packaged in a small portable aluminum extrusion for extra durability. USB-C connectivity, 4gb internal SD memory with file system. Screen capture to .tif. Our DakView java-based PC or MAC OSX software is also part of the kit.
CMX 2.0 Upgrades Include:
| || |
- Up to 250 Hz pulse repetition rate.
- Display update rate of 25 Hz.
- Adjustable gain (40 to 52 dB) - vlow, low, med, hi, vhi.
- Time dependent gain (TDG).
- 4 gigabyte internal SD memory card.
- High Speed Scan of up to 250 readings per second.
- Extruded aluminum body with nickel-plated aluminum end caps (gasket sealed).
- Direct USB-C 1.1 port. Windows® PC interface software. USB to PC power outlet.
- Precision TCXO timing with single shot 100 MHz 8 bit ultra low power digitizer.
- Batteries: Three AA cells. Power saving DIM (color), auto off 5 minutes. Battery status icon.
- B-Scan - Time based cross section view. Display speed variable (10 to 200 readings per second).
- Scan Bar Thickness - Speed 10 Hz. Viewable in B-Scan and Large Digit views.
- Screen Capture: Bitmap graphic capture for quick documentation (.tif ). OBSTRUCT to indicate inaccessible locations.
| || |
- Pulse-Echo Mode (P-E): (Pit & Flaw Detection) measures from 0.025 to 48.0 inches (0.63 to 1219.2 millimeters).
- Pulse-Echo Coating Mode (PECT): (Material, Coating, Pit & Flaw Detection);
- Material: 0.025 to 48.0 inches (0.63 to 1219.2 millimeters).
- Coating: 0.001 to 0.100 inches (0.01 to 2.54 millimeters).
- Pulse-Echo Temp Comp Mode (PETP): (Pit & Flaw Detection) Auto temperature compensation - measures from 0.025 to 48.0 inches (0.63 to 1219.2 millimeters).
- Echo-Echo Mode (E-E): (Thru Paint & Coatings) measures from 0.100 to 6.0 inches (2.54 to 152.4 millimeters). Range will vary +/- depending on the coating.
- Echo-Echo Verify Mode (E-EV): (Thru Paint & Coatings) measures from 0.100 to 1.0 inches (2.54 to 102 millimeters). Range will vary +/- depending on the coating.
- Coating Only Mode (CT): (Coating Thickness) Measures from 0.0005 to 0.100 inches (0.0127 to 2.54 millimeters). Range will vary +/- depending on the coating.Resolution: +/- .001 inches (0.01 mm)Velocity Range: .0492 to .5510 in./ms 1250 to 13995 meters/sec.
- Velocity Range: 0.0122 to 0.7300 inches/µs 309.88 to 18542 meters/sec.
- Calibration: Single and Two point calibration option for material & coating, or selection of basic material types.
- Units: English & Metric.
- Factory Calibration: traceable to national standards.
CMX 2.0 Kit Includes:
| || |
- Standard 1/4" Delay Line Transducer (2 Delay Tips - 3/8" & 1/2" L) & Cable
- Certificate of Calibration
- AA Batteries
- Plastic Carrying Case
- PC Software available for download with our PVX and transfer Cable for both PVX and PZX (data logging) gauges included.
If you have a thickness gauging application problem and need assistance, please let us know. We are pleased to evaluate your samples and provide you with our recommendations at no charge.
DAKOTA ULTRASONIC instruments are made in the USA
Please refer to the attached brochure for more details.